SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH
This Expansion of the Salt Lake Valley Light Rail System owned and operated by the Utah Transit Authority started at the fourth south intersection and continued up east to the Rice Eccles Stadium and included a change order to continue to the University of Utah Hospital. This work consisted of two track systems through dozens of intersections with thousands of yards of concrete and tons of asphalt paving. Atlas was part of the construction team with Stacey and Whitbeck as the leaders providing both quality control as well as the quality assurance. We were not only providing the daily testing and inspection of the soils, asphalt, concrete, and structural steel, but we were also tasked with all of the duties associated with the civil inspection processes. The fact that UTA chose to issue a change order of this magnitude is a direct reflection of the level of services this team provided.
- Provided all of the testing, sampling, observations of all of the soils.
- Tested, observed, sampled and inspected all of the asphalt paving.
- Inspected the placement of all of the concrete and reinforcing steel.
- Observed and inspected all of the structural steel at all of the stations.
- Inspected the slopes and grades of the sidewalks, ADA ramps, stairs and other civil items.
- Acted as the liaison between the UDOT, Salt Lake City Engineering Department, FHWA, UTA, and the construction team.
CLIENT / OWNER: UTAH TRANSIT AUTHORITY (OWNER) STACEY AND WHITBECK (CLIENT)
DURATION: 2000 – 2004
CONSTRUCTION COST: $180M